Dr. Saroj Upadhyay is a PhD in Economics from Jadavpur university . He has a combined experience of Industry and Academics for 37 years. In last 17 years he has been in the academics and has been teaching various subjects in Management, Banking and Economics in MBA and Engineering programmes. He was with Banking industry prior to his joining in the academic field. He has taught in the institutes like IISWBM, Army Institue of Management, Icfai Business School. Prior to joining in the TNU he was with NITMAS for 4 years. Dr. Upadhyay did post doctoral research in collaboration with the Regent University, Virginia Beach USA on values and ethics.
Dr. Upadhyay is a prolific writer and has written several research papers and articles in journals and newspapers on Management and Economics. . He has authored 2 books for MBA programme and written a monograph on Indian economic reforms.He has more than 100 published articles .He has attended several conferences and seminars both national and international level on management, banking and Economics. He has also taken sessions in Staff Training Colleges of Various nationalized
Published Papers Of Dr. Saroj Upadhyay
Title Name of Publication
1.Disinvestment decisions THE PRISM , July2010
2.Compassion ,culture and Business development The Survey june- December 2009(journal of
Exploring Divergent dimension of corporate values in India IISWBM)
3.Risk Management Implementation of Basel 2
Norms Real achalleges for Indian Banks Professional Banker Feb 2008
4.Micro finanace, Role of Commercial Banks Do Sept 2007
5.Developing CRM philosophy in Banks Professional Banker July 2009
6.Fiscal Deficit Conundrum Treasury Management May 2006
7.Sales Management Managing Your Sales Force The Best Books, A book Review Dec 2006
8.The WTO a discordant Orchestra The Best Books March 2007 A book Review
9.Women NGOs A commentary on a book on Women NGOs
Published in Best Books Magazines 2006
10.Strategy A commentary on a book on Global strategy of Business
Published in Best Books Oct 2007
11.Banking Reforms and Agricultural Credit Professional Banker July 2006
12.Incusive Growth , Thus far and Further The Banker Nov 2010 , Journal Of Indian Bank Association
13.Financial Inclusion an effective tool for Economic Planning-----The Prism India----Oct 2010
14.Reducing Frauds in Indian Corporate s -----Indian Management An AIMA Publication Sept 2011
15.Corporate Governance in Indian Banks -----Indian Management Aug 2011
- Globalisation and Corporate Governance Journal of School of Management , BESU,April-June 2007
17.Expanding Probity in a Global Economy Published in Global CEO An Icfai publication,Feb2008
Corporate Governance In International Business
some seminar/Conferences attended
- World Economic Congress, New Delhi in 1987.
- 1st International conference on Spirituality and Management organized by Faculty of Management Studies Delhi in 2007 and presented a paper on role of religion in Economic development.
- 2nd international conference on Spirituality and Management organized by Pondicherry university and Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi in 2009. I presented a paper on ethics in Business. Conference was held in Pondicherry, India.
- Another paper was presented in the International Conference organized by NIT Durgapore in January 2012. The theme of the paper was on corporate social responsibility of Indian Corporations
5.Attended in an international seminar on Management In Bharatiya Vidyapith , New Delhi in Feb 2013 presented a paper on Corporate Social Responsibility. I got first prize in paper presentation .
- Presented a paper on Healthcare Management in an International conference in Sri Lanka on 25th and 26th Feb 2014.
- Presented a paper in Chicago USA on spiritual leadership and modern management in September 2015.