AWARDS & RECOGNITION
School of Hospitality and Culinary Art
- Continental Cuisine by Chef Asish Rout (Executive Chef, Swissotel, Kolkata)
- Molecular Gastronomy and European Cuisine by Chef Andreas Kurfurst- International Celebrity Chef.
- SHCA students participated at ‘Amiphpria’,Chef Competition and won second runner up position
- Students organized ‘Bongo Byonjon’, Bengali food festival
- Industry Visit- Hotel ITC Royal Bengal, Kolkata
Students of SHCA have been in placed in the brands like,
- MAYFAIR Hotels and Resorts (Management Trainee)
- Swissotel, Kolkata
- Taj Krishna,Hyderabad
- The Park, Kolkata
- Hyatt Regency,Kolkata
- The Lalit Great Eastern, Kolkata
- RaajkutirSwabhumi, Kolkata
- AltAir Boutique Hotel, Kolkata
- Handling pressure during industrial training by Training manager Swissotel, Kolkata
- Prospects in hospitality Industry- Training Manager of Accor group of hotels
- Interview Pattern- Manager L&D Oberoi Kolkata
- Strategies of becoming a successful hotelier, GM Manager, MAYFAIR Gangtok
- How to face campus interview – Manager L & D, The Park,Kolkata
School of Engineering & Applied Sciences
Robotics and Automation
- Received the award Outstanding Initiative of the year in Robotics, and Best Academic Innovative Curriculum (For Higher Education Category) under Center, State or Private University providing advance technology education from All India Council for Robotics and Automation on 13th February, 2020 at New Delhi.
- HOD, Robotics awarded as Elite Academician by AICTE, DST, TI& IIMB in 2019.
- Awarded Most Emerging University in Robotics Education under Center, State or Private University providing advance technology education by All India Council for Robotics and Automation on 16th April, 2019 at IIT, Delhi.
- Student of this Department received best paper award in the International Conference on Computing, Power and Communication Technologies 2019.
- 4 projects selected in qualifying round: INTEL Higher Education Challenge, 2017 and received instruments ($400) from INTELfor developing prototypes
- 1 project selected in Semifinal round in India Innovation Challenge Design Contest (IICDC-2017), organized by DST, Govt. of India, TI and IIM, Bangalore. Selected under top 1106 project ideas from 965 engineering colleges across the nation and participation from 15,380 students
- Received instruments ($800) from Texas Instruments (TI) for developing prototypes
- Received project- Development of “Yantra-I” from MieRobot
- 4th year student got Internship at Amazon with stipend of Rs. 27000/month.
- University provided internship to the 4th year students at WABCO with stipend of Rs. 15000/month.
- UG students and faculties published research papers in international journals and book chapters.
- Developed MARIA-a service cum security robot
- Developed a Drone for service and security application
- Development of PUSPAK –a driverless vehicle is under progress
- Training in 3rd year (KUKA, Siemens)
- Participation in National Level Competition
- NSSC by IIT,KGP
- IICDC by DST, Govt. of India
- IIC by Intel
Electrical Engineering (Power System/ Renewable Energy)
- Former students are working in the core sectors of Vikram Solar, Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd., Steel Products Ltd, AmbujaNeotia group of companies, Zicom.
- Former students are placed in IT sectors of INFOSYS, WIPRO and Tata Consultancy Service.
- Students ranked in the GATE Examination and got admission in reputed institutions for higher studies.
- Electrical Engineering students are trained in reputed organizations such as,
- Adani Power Ltd.
- Vikram Solar Pvt. Ltd.
- NHPC Ltd.
- Exide Industries Ltd.
- Research in Electrical Engineering spans a diverse set of intellectual disciplines and applications.
- Physical Technology & Science
- Hardware/Software Systems
- International Conference on ‘Energy Options for Tomorrow: Technology to Sustainability’
School of Life Sciences
- Received major research grant funded by external funding agency (SERB, DST, Govt. ofIndia) in recognizing outstanding research profile of the faculty of the Department.
- Published lots of articles in international peer reviewed reputed journals, making theDepartment internationally recognized in the context of research spectrum.
- Internship Programs availed by the students at
- Central Research Institute (CRI), Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh
- Emami limited, Guwahati, Assam
- Center for Microbiology and Biotechnology (CMBT) research & training Institute,
- Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Indo-American Hybrid Seeds (India) Pvt. Ltd. Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Albert David limited, Kolkata, West Bengal
School of Humanities, Management and Social Sciences
- Students of third batch of Applied Psychology,15 PG students (BATCH 2018-2020) were selected among 1000 applicants from all over India for one month training at NIMHANS on November, 2019. End of their course they had an examination in which all of them received more than 85% marks evaluated by NIMHANS
- Two students of first Batch of Post Graduate students (2016-2018) successfully doing their M Phil course at PGIBAMS, Raipur. End of the Semester-2, they are holding two top positions of the college. Remaining one student is working as a counselor in a reputed Higher Secondary School
- The next batch of Post Graduate students (2017-2019), among 7 students, 4students have already cleared written examination of the entrance test for M Phil conducted by University of Calcutta, and waiting for their last lap of entrance. 1student cleared June, 2019, UGC-NET and also got a prestigious job as a student counsellor at Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT). One of the students has applied for her Doctorate Degree at Canada and waiting for her result
- One of the first batch under graduate students (2015- 2018) secured 3rd place at the end of the 2nd semester of her Post Graduation in Psychology in University of Calcutta
- Students participated in numerous Conference, Workshops and Submitted Paper in International Paper
- Student received the Best Paper Award