AWARDS & RECOGNITION
School Of Hospitality & Culinary Art
Continental Cuisine by Chef Asish Rout (Executive Chef, Swissotel, Kolkata)
Molecular Gastronomy and European Cuisine by Chef Andreas Kurfurst- International Celebrity Chef
Sheniyo Guha, first year student of SHCA, achieved the 2nd runner-up position in Chef Competition (dessert section) at “AMIPHORIA”, organized by Amity University
Tanmay Kayal, final year student of SHCA, achieved the 'Best Trainee Award' for outstanding performance during the specialization training in Food & Beverage at The Lalit Great Eastern, Kolkata
Srilekha Ghosh, final year student of SHCA, achieved the 'Best Trainee Award' for exceptional performance during the specialization training in Front Office respectively at The Lalit Great Eastern, Kolkata
Huang Yi Wa, second year student of SHCA, received star Intern Certificate for her performance and dedication during the industrial training at Novotel Hotel & Residences, Kolkata
Vishal Singh, second year student of SHCA, was applauded by Taj Bengal, Kolkata for his dedication and commitment during his industrial training
Gourab Mondal, final year student of SHCA, received appreciation for his outstanding performance during his industrial training at Le Meridien Jaipur, and Star Intern Certificate during his specialization training at Novotel Hotel & Residences, Kolkata
Ritmalya Sahu, second year student of SCHA, and Nazim Molla, third year student of SHCA, were awarded certificate of appreciation for their outstanding contribution during their training at Sheraton Grand, Chennai
Sagnik Roy, second year student of SHCA, received certificate of appreciation during his industrial training at hotel Raajkutir Swabhumi ,Kolkata
Chef Atin Das of SHCA, is a regular judge in the TV show ‘Rannaghar’ of Zee Bangla
Deputy Director, SHCA, Mr. Rupam Ghosh got the honor to judge a cocktail competition organized by very famous Indian restaurant chain Company ‘ Barbeque Nation’
Students organized ‘Bongo Byonjon’, Bengali food festival
Industry Visit- Hotel ITC Royal Bengal, Kolkata
Students of SHCA have been in placed in the brands like, MAYFAIR Hotels and Resorts (Management Trainee), Swiggy, Swissotel, Kolkata, Taj Krishna,Hyderabad, The Park, Kolkata, Hyatt Regency,Kolkata, The Lalit Great Eastern, Kolkata, RaajkutirSwabhumi, Kolkata, AltAir Boutique Hotel, Kolkata
Talks/ Lectures of distinguished speakers arranged
Handling pressure during industrial training by Training manager Swissotel, Kolkata
Prospects in hospitality Industry - Training Manager of Accor group of hotels
Interview Pattern - Manager L&D Oberoi Kolkata
Strategies of becoming a successful hotelier, GM Manager, MAYFAIR Gangtok
How to face campus interview - Manager L & D, The Park,Kolkata
School Of Science & Technology
Robotics and Automation
Received the award Outstanding Initiative of the year in Robotics, and Best Academic Innovative Curriculum (For Higher Education Category) under Center, State or Private University providing advance technology education from All India Council for Robotics and Automation on 13th February, 2020 at New Delhi.
HOD, Robotics awarded as Elite Academician by AICTE, DST, TI & IIMB in 2019.
Awarded Most Emerging University in Robotics Education under Center, State or Private University providing advance technology education by All India Council for Robotics and Automation on 16th April, 2019 at IIT, Delhi.
Student of this Department received best paper award in the International Conference on Computing, Power and Communication Technologies 2019.
4 projects selected in qualifying round: INTEL Higher Education Challenge, 2017 and received instruments ($400) from INTELfor developing prototypes
1 project selected in Semifinal round in India Innovation Challenge Design Contest (IICDC-2017), organized by DST, Govt. of India, TI and IIM, Bangalore. Selected under top 1106 project ideas from 965 engineering colleges across the nation and participation from 15,380 students
Received instruments ($800) from Texas Instruments (TI) for developing prototypes
Received project- Development of “Yantra-I” from MieRobot
4th year student got Internship at Amazon with stipend of Rs. 27000/month.
University provided internship to the 4th year students at WABCO with stipend of Rs. 15000/month.
UG students and faculties published research papers in international journals and book chapters.
Developed MARIA-a service cum security robot
Developed a Drone for service and security application
Development of PUSPAK –a driverless vehicle is under progress
Organized ROS Robotics Workshop, in association with Mie robots from 23rd April to 26th April,2019
Organized two workshops for opportunities in higher studies in the year 2019.
Organized a seminar on “Jobs for the Digital Age: Data Science” on the 26th of April, 2019, at TNU campus by Mr. Anirban Ghatak, Founder Director, Mierobot, a Bangalore based ed-tech company.
Training in 3rd year (KUKA, Siemens)
Participation in National Level Competition
NSSC by IIT,KGP
IICDC by DST, Govt. of India
IIC by Intel
HOD delivered invited lecture in the International Conference on Smart cities-ICSC-2019 at Ansal University on 8-9th March, 2019.
HOD Awarded as top performance mentor from NPTEL, Swayam, Govt. of India.
HOD Selected as Review member of NPTEL, Govt. of India.
Faculty members, research scholars and students of this Department have published a book chapter, three research papers in the Scopus indexed journals and three research papers IEEE conferences in the year 2019
Electrical Engineering (Power System/ Renewable Energy)
Former students are working in the core sectors of Vikram Solar, Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd., Steel Products Ltd, AmbujaNeotia group of companies, Zicom.
Former students are placed in IT sectors of INFOSYS, WIPRO and Tata Consultancy Service.
Students ranked in the GATE Examination and got admission in reputed institutions for higher studies.
Electrical Engineering students are trained in reputed organizations such as,
Adani Power Ltd.
Vikram Solar Pvt. Ltd.
Exide Industries Ltd.
Research in Electrical Engineering spans a diverse set of intellectual disciplines and applications.
Physical Technology & Science
International Conference on ‘Energy Options for Tomorrow: Technology to Sustainability’
Received major research grant funded by external funding agency (SERB, DST, Govt. ofIndia) in recognizing outstanding research profile of the faculty of the Department.
Published lots of articles in international peer reviewed reputed journals, making theDepartment internationally recognized in the context of research spectrum.
Internship Programs availed by the students at
Central Research Institute (CRI), Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh
Emami limited, Guwahati, Assam
Center for Microbiology and Biotechnology (CMBT) research & training Institute,
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Indo-American Hybrid Seeds (India) Pvt. Ltd. Bengaluru, Karnataka
Albert David limited, Kolkata, West Bengal
School Of Health Sciences
- Students of third batch of Applied Psychology,15 PG students (BATCH 2018-2020) were selected among 1000 applicants from all over India for one month training at NIMHANS on November, 2019. End of their course they had an examination in which all of them received more than 85% marks evaluated by NIMHANS
- Two students of first Batch of Post Graduate students (2016-2018) successfully doing their M Phil course at PGIBAMS, Raipur. End of the Semester-2, they are holding two top positions of the college. Remaining one student is working as a counselor in a reputed Higher Secondary School
- The next batch of Post Graduate students (2017-2019), among 7 students, 4students have already cleared written examination of the entrance test for M Phil conducted by University of Calcutta, and waiting for their last lap of entrance. 1student cleared June, 2019, UGC-NET and also got a prestigious job as a student counsellor at Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT). One of the students has applied for her Doctorate Degree at Canada and waiting for her result
- One of the first batch under graduate students (2015- 2018) secured 3rd place at the end of the 2nd semester of her Post Graduation in Psychology in University of Calcutta
- Students participated in numerous Conference, Workshops and Submitted Paper in International Paper
- Student received the Best Paper Award
School Of Pharmacy
School of Pharmacy has associated with five industrial experts from Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Mumbai; Strides Pharma Science Ltd., Bangalore; Lupin Ltd, Nagpur; Tenshi Kaizen Pvt Ltd, Bangalore and Parkar Robinson Ltd, Kolkata, three academic experts from MAKAUT,WB; NSHM, Kolkata & NSCBCP, Chakdah and One Regulatory Affairs expert from Kolkata for technical inputs.
Partha Niyogi, Faculty, School of Pharmacy with students namely Ashirbani Sau, Toumin Kumar Mondal, Shivam Mishra, Pratyay Nanda, Soumik Maity along with the Director attended and presented a poster at 33rd Annual Convention of IPGA, Kolkata, West Bengal on 17-08-2019.
School of Pharmacy has received a grant of Rs-55000/- from the university sponsored research project scheme under The Neotia University for minor research by Prof. (Dr.) Malay Kumar Samanta as the Principal Investigator and Mr. Partha Niyogi as Co- Investigator for 2020.
Parag Ghosh, Faculty, School of Pharmacy, has presented a poster at Drug, Industry and Academia Summit: 2020 and Beyond at the Adamas University, West Bengal on 04-03-2020
School of Pharmacy has submitted one major research project to the SERB, Govt. of India for research grant by Prof. (Dr.) Malay Kumar Samanta as the Principal Investigator and Mr. Partha Niyogi as Co- Investigator on 09-03-2020
Partha Niyogi, Faculty, School of Pharmacy is working in collaboration with Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar and CSIR, Jorhat, Assam researcher.
Partha Niyogi, Faculty, School of Pharmacy published a research paper entitled “Fourier Transfer Infra-Red Spectroscopic Analysis of Supragingival and Subgingival Human Dental Calculus” in Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology, (2019). 13(4), 1870-1875. and presently working on In-silico drug design against Sars Cov-2 virus.
Pulok Kumar Mukherjee, Director Institute of Bioresources and Sustainable Development(IBSD),A National Institute under Department of Biotechnology Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, Takyelpat, Imphal-795001, Manipur, India & Director, School of Natural Products and Head of the Pharmacy department, Jadavpur University, Kolkata visited the department on 20-09-2019 and interacted with students by motivating them for study and research.
Industrial Expert, Lalit Kumar Pradhan, Head, Technical Training, Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Mumbai visited the department on 07-02-2020 and interacted with students and advised them for the industrial opportunity and skill to be developed with one invited talk.
School of Pharmacy has observed FIT India Day Celebration, Teachers Day Celebration 5th September,2019, World Pharmacists Day Celebration on 25th September, 2019 and Students excursion on11-01-2020
School Of Agriculture & Allied Sciences
- Students of session 2018-2019 department of Agriculture have achieved the dream to cultivate and harvest rice on their own in the kharif season, keeping themselves involved in the process for 135 days.
- Students of session 2019-2020 department of Agriculture successfully cultivated and harvested vegetables like, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, radish, spinach, amaranthus, knolkhol, etc. and sold them to the TNU campus residents.
- Students of session 2018-2019 department of Agriculture successfully cultivated sunflower and maize crop on their own as part of Rabi season crops practical.
- One student of B.Sc. (Ag) (2018-2019 batch) got IASc-INSA-NASI Summer Research Fellowship for two months during this summer in Amity University, Noida in 2020.
- One student of B.F.Sc. (2019- 2020 batch) participated in poster representation in national seminar on the effect of corona virus in fishery sector.
Department of Agriculture as part of Industry (IFFCO) Academic Collaboration is conducting a field trial to study response of maize to application of nano-ferilizers.
Department of Agriculture as part of CSIR-CIMAP Aroma Mission conducted a Farmer-Scientist Interaction Meet at TNU with participation of scientists of CSIR-CIMAP, Lucknow in which 120 farmers from various parts of South 24 parganas district, W.B. participated.
Department of Agriculture as part of CSIR-CIMAP Aroma Mission supplied free of cost planting materials of menthol mint / vetiver grass to 14 farmers of South 24 parganas district, W.B.
Successfully conducted a National Webinar to commemorate “WORLD DNA DAY” on 24th April 2020 and Prof. SPS Khanuja, Former director, CSIR-CIMAP/ CSIR India delivered a talk on “DNA Story - Genes to Genomes and beyond”. Students of TNU and faculty members participated in the programme.
Successfully celebrated “World Fisheries Day” on 21st November, 2019 and Dr. T. K. Ghoshal, Principal Scientist and In-charge CIBA-ICAR (Kakdwip) delivered a talk on “Fish for Health and Wealth”. Students of TNU and faculty members participated in the programme.
Talks/ Lectures of distinguished speakers arranged
- Samir Samanta, an eminent plant breeder and researcher (Ex-BCKV, Kalyani) delivered a talk on Biodiversity, Breeding and Enterprise Development at TNU on 14th December 2019.
- Tapas Kumar Das, Division of agronomy, Indian Agriculture Research Institute, New Delhi delivered a talk on Conservation Agriculture on 24th February 2020.
- Sailendra Nath Biswas, Joint Director Fisheries (Retired), Government of West Bengal delivered a talk on Overview of status of fisheries in West Bengal: Opportunities and Challenges with reference to the prospects of Fisheries Students on 24th February 2020.