Public Speaking & Presentation Programme
The Public Speaking Club of The Neotia University (TNU) & Neotia Institute of Technology Management & Science (NITMAS) organized a programme ‘Public Speaking & Presentation’ on March 4, 2020 at Campus.
The event commenced on a welcome note by Prof. Anindita Dutta, Head, Department of English, under whose mentorship the students of TNU and NITMAS presented short discourses in English with visuals before a large gathering of students and faculty members. In her brief keynote address Prof. Dutta highlighted the importance of English in today’s world. The objective of the club she added was to provide a platform to sharpen the Public Speaking and Presentation skills of students in English so as to give them a professional edge. The programme inaugurated with the lighting of the lamp by the administrative and departmental heads. One after the other, students unfolded their visual stories before the audience on a variety of subjects. Their selections extended from ‘Social Media’ to ‘How safe are women in India’, from ‘Doppelganger’ to ’The absence of Female characters in Satyajit Ray’s Feluda series’.
Overall 15 students showcased their presentation and public speaking skills as the programme extended all through the day. The participants who presented some mind blowing visual narratives with confidence and élan were :
- Kaustav De Sarkar (Dept. of Legal Studies, TNU)
- Tusharika Himangshu (Dept. of Legal Studies, TNU)
- Drishti Mukherjee (Dept. of Biotechnology, TNU)
- Rajoshik Ghosh (Dept. of Marine Engineering, TNU)
- Aritra Maity (Dept. of Marine Engineering, TNU)
- Sanmoy Karmakar (Dept. of Marine Engineering, TNU)
- Debanjali Paul (Dept. of English, TNU)
- Sayantani Mullick (Dept. of English, TNU)
- Rishikesh Sinha (Dept. Business Management, TNU)
- Jassia Jaffrey (Dept. Business Management, TNU)
- Sayanta Harh (Dept. of Computer Science Engineering, NITMAS)
- Quazi Ahmed (Dept. of Computer Science Engineering, NITMAS)
- Rachit Ranu (Dept. of Computer Science Engineering, NITMAS)
- Anamica Prasad (Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering, NITMAS)
- Shriya Ganguly (Dept. of Electronics & Communication Engineering, NITMAS)
The event came to an end amidst huge appreciation and a demand for a repeat performance of the programme for all those who couldn’t make it on March 4th. Considering the interest and response generated, the Public Speaking Club of TNU & NITMAS hopes to organize more such programmes at regular intervals for the blossoming of their students transforming them to be better communicators, innovators and presenters.