Chief Engineer Prasant Kumar Padhi
- B.E in marine engineering from Directorate of Marine Engineering and Training (Presently Indian Maritime University), Calcutta, India.( 1988-1992)
- Master of Science in Maritime Affairs from the World Maritime University, Malmo, Sweden.(09.10.2005)
- Post-Graduation in Professional Shipping Management from the Norwegian Shipping Academy (presently BI), Oslo, Norway. (1998-1999)
- Passed MOT CLASS 1(Chief engineers competency exams).(2000)
- Successfully completed the ISM internal auditors Course conducted by the Indian Register of Shipping. (2003)
- Successfully completed professional development course in the ISPS code at the World Maritime University, Malmo, Sweden.(2005)
- Member of the institute of chartered Shipbrokers (MICS), London.( 2005)
- Certified lead auditor in ISO 9001: 2008 from American Bureau of Shipping.(2011)
- Incident Investigation Course at ABS, Singapore(2011)
- Internal auditors course for MLC.(2013)
- Recipient of NORAD scholarship at the Norwegian Shipping Academy, Oslo in (1998-1999)
- Recipient of the British and ABS scholarship at the World Maritime University, Sweden. (2005)
- Has work experience since 2003 ashore in India and in Singapore as a senior classification surveyor, senior technical superintendent, senior vessel Manager, Project Manager and General Manager.
- He had managed VLCC’s, Chemical tankers, Aframax / Suezmax, product and chemical tankers, container carriers and bulk carriers sailing world-wide.
- Worked as a surveyor with the American Bureau of Shipping. ( 2005-2007)
- Senior Vessel Manager & Senior technical Superintendent (2007-2015)
- Worked as a General Manager / Project Manager in LBDS.(Since 2016 to 2020)
- Worked as a chief engineer on board tankers and bulk carriers(2001-2003)
- Worked as second engineer on board tankers and bulk carriers(1996-2000)
Projects/Research & Publications:
- Submitted a thesis titled “Practices towards Cleaner Ships and Sustainable Social Development” as a part of the Masters course at the World Maritime University, Malmo, Sweden. It deals with Life cycle assessment of ships, cleaner production techniques and End-of-the life disposal of ships. It outlines the application of Extended Producer Responsibility approach to minimize potential impacts arising from emissions from ships
- Submitted a thesis titled- “Air Pollution from Ships and their Management issues” as a part of my shipping management studies in Oslo, Norway. Written in the back drop of the MARPOL Annex VI regulations, it is a detailed study on the management approaches needed to be followed by shipping companies in meeting required air emission standards.