Dr. Monisankar Bera
Department: Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
School: School of Agriculture and Allied Science
Highest Educational Qualification: PhD
- Details of professional experience:
|Name of the employer||Post held||Period/Duration||Nature of duties|
(NIRJAFT, West Bengal.)
|2 year||Performance Analysis of Crop Specific Agro-textiles”|
(Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of West Bengal.)
|3 year||Field as well as laboratory experiments, training programme, analysis of data and preparation of technical reports of organic farming etc.|
|Soil Testing Laboratory, (Soil Health Card Scheme.) Visva-Bharati.||Soil Analyst||2.8 year||Soil, water and plant Analysis, training programme, analysis of data etc.|
|Centurian University of Technology and Management, Paralakhemundi, Odisha.||Assistant Professor
in Soil Sc. &Agril. Chem.
|Teach the theory and practical courses and guidance the M.Sc. student and other university activity etc.|
- Academic Experience:
- B.Sc. (Ag.) courses i.e. Fundamentals of Soil Science (2+1) of 1st Sem., Manures, Fertilizers & Soil Fertility Management (2+1) of 4th Sem., Problematic Soils and Their Management (1+1) of 5th Sem. and M.Sc. (Agro.) courses i.e. Soil Fertility and Fertilizers use (2+1) theory and practical were delivered by me during previous three academic session.
- Developed the e-material and Lab. Manual of “Manures, Fertilizers & Soil Fertility Management” and Lab. Manual of “Problematic Soils and Their Management”.
- Four M.Sc. students were completed their research work under my advisory and two no of M.Sc. students are continuing their research work under my advisory.
- Technical Experiences:
- Analysis of soil nutrient in respect to major, micro nutrients for recommendation of fertilizer and heavy metals i.e. As, Cr, Hg, Pb etc.
- Analysis Experience on AAS (Flame)with FIAS hydride generation system, HPLC, UV-VIS Spectrophotometer, Flame photometer, BOD shaker, Colony counter, Laminar Air Flow, Autoclave, Centrifuge, Muffle Furnace, pH, EC, N analyzer and so on.
- Experience on soil microbial analysis viz. microorganisms in respect to its isolation, sub culturing, mass culturing, MBC, bacterial species identification by kit etc.
- Experience on Vermicomposting and organic farming.
- Experience on methods of statistical analysis with SPSS 25.
- Working experience on computer application viz. MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Having good experienced about purchase and quality of various company’s Lab. equipment’s and chemicals viz. PerkinElmer, Systronics, Tulin, Pelican, Borosil, Merck etc.
- Extension Experiences:
- Experience in Soil Testing training programme in different villages by soil testing kit, for analysis as well as recommendation directly to the farmers soil samples.
- Experience in student exposure visit under different research station and biggest horticulture market in Southern India.
Research Interest: Soil Fertility, Organic Farming
|Annual Member of Indian Society of Soil Science||ID- M/B/548|
|Life Member of Indian Society of Costal Agricultural Research||ID- LM/478/21|
|International Research Publication||15|
|Book Chapter Publication||2|
|Publication of Extended Summery and Abstracts||19|
|National Seminar Presented||3|
|National Workshop Attended||2|
|Faculty Development Programme Attended||1|
|No. of Citation||45|
Distinction / Award: NIL
Additional Qualification: NIL