Dr. Boris Huirem
The Neotia University
Department: Food Science Department
School: School of Agriculture and Allied Sciences
Highest Educational Qualification: Ph.D (Food Engineering)
Experience: 7 years
Research Interest: Drying technology, Cooling and storage technology, Modeling and Optimization, etc.
- Research article
- Huirem, B., & Sahoo, P. K. (2020). Thermodynamic Modeling and Performance Optimization of a Solar-Assisted Vapor Absorption Refrigeration System (SAVARS). International Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration, 28(1):1-18. https://doi.org/10.1142/S2010132520500066.
- Huirem, B., Kumar, A., & Mishra, M. (2019). Vacuum drying kinetics of kiwifruit and sensory evaluation. International Journal of Chemical Studies, 7(3), 5021–5028.
- Boris, H., Shrilekha, D., & Sujata, J. (2018). Modelling of vacuum drying of cherry pepper. Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research, 37(4): 316-320. https://doi.org/10.18805/ajdfr.dr-1265.
- Mishra M, RN Shukla, P Kandasami and B Huirem (2019). Experimental Investigation on the Effect of Pre-Treatments on Thin Layer Drying and Quality Characteristics of Green Mangoes in Forced Convection Hot Air Drying. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences. 8(06): 3112–3124. https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2019.806.371.
- Book Chapter/summary
- Naorem, A. K., Huirem, B., &Udayana, S. K. (2022). Ecological and Health Risk Assessment in Sewage Irrigated Heavy Metal Contaminated Soils In: Sustainable Management and Utilization of Sewage Sludge (Eds. Rajput, V. D., Yadav, A. N., Jatav, H. S., Singh, S. K., &Minkina, T), Springer Nature Switzerland, pp. 29-50.https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-85226-9.
- Huirem, B., & Sahoo, P. K. (2021). Performance evaluation of a network of evacuated U-tube solar collectors attached to a vapor absorption refrigeration system. Proceedings of the Virtual National Conference on Strategic Reorientation for Climate Smart Agriculture, March 17-19th, Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, vol.1, pp. 120-123.https://www.researchgate.net/publication/351686821.
- Kumar, A., Huirem, B., Singh, J. L., & Kandasamy, P. (2020). Plasma Technology for Advanced Food Processing. Proceedings on Application of Space and Modern Technology in Agriculture and Environment, Mukund Publication, pp. 276-285.
Distinction / Award: No. of award-2. Gold medallist (M. Tech Agricultural Process and Food Engineering)
No. of Publication: 4 (National 3 + International 1)
No. of Book/ Book Chapter: 2
No. of Abstracts Presented in Seminar/Conference/Symposium: 6
Additional Qualification: Nil