Dr Moumita Ray
- 2019 Ph.D. in Health Sciences in subject Pharmacy West Bengal University of Health Sciences
- R. G. Kar Medical College, Kolkata 2011 M. Pharm Pharmacology West Bengal University of Technology
- Gupta College of Technological Sciences, Asansol 2009 B. Pharm West Bengal University of Technology
- Gupta College of Technological Sciences, Asansol 2005 XII: Higher Secondary Examination (Science)
- West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education Jodhpur Park Girls High School, Kolkata
- 2003 X: Madhyamik Pariksha West Bengal Board of Secondary Education Sree Sarada Ashrama Balika Vidyalaya, New Alipore, Kolkata
- Animal handling: Rats, Mice, Guineapigs and Rabbits
- In-vivo techniques: Oral drug administration and Intravenous, Intraperitoneal injection techniques in Rat & Mice.
- In-vivo pharmacological studies: Acute & sub-acute toxicity studies, anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, nephroprotective, behavioral studies in different experimental animal models, isolated tissue experiments.
- In-vitro studies: Maintenance of cancer cell line, cell culture, ELISA techniques, DNA Isolation, apoptosis pathway studies with natural plant and animal compounds.
- Instrument handling: UV Spectrophotometers, Centrifuges, Electronic Balance, Plethysmometer, Actophotometer, Metabolic cage, Microscope, Soxhlet apparatus, Column chromatography, ELISA reader, Gel doc, Nerve conduction velocity apparatus.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft word, excel, powerpoint.
- Statistical Skills: SPSS, t Test, ANOVA, Pearson correlation.
Assistant Professor at Department of Pharmaceutical Technology, JIS University
Projects/Research & Publications:
- PhD thesis entitled “Phytochemical and Pharmacological Evaluation of the Extracts of the Leaves of Rhizophora mucronata (Sundarban Mangrove)”, research work from 21.03.2014 to 30.04.2019.
- Junior research fellow in Department of Science & Technology, Government of West Bengal sponsored R&D project in Department of Pharmacology, R. G. Kar Medical College, Kolkata from 1st April 2017 – 5th July 2019.
- Junior research fellow in Department of Science & Technology, Government of West Bengal sponsored R&D project in Department of Pharmacology, R. G. Kar Medical College, Kolkata from 1st August 2013 – 31st August 2016.
- Research experience in Drug Development/Diagnostic & Biotechnology Division, Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Jadavpur with in-vitro cell culture & cancer research field from June 2011 to November 2012.
- Life Member, Indian Pharmaceutical Association, (2021-2041) No.R-62961
- “Dr. Animesh Chakraborty Memorial Award”- Best poster presentation in 26th State Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society, West Bengal (IPSWB-2016), Kolkata.
- RD Prize in poster presentation in 25th State Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society, West Bengal (IPSWB-2015), Kolkata.
- SFE-Best Poster Presentation Award-2015 “Manjushree Pal Memorial Award”- 3
- RD Prize in 2nd International Congress of Society for Ethnopharmacology-India, Nagpur.
- Awarded with Silver Medal for securing the Second position in WBUT in M.Pharm (Pharmacology) 2011.
- National Prize and Certificate of Merit in National Scholarship Scheme of West Bengal Board of Secondary Education in 2003.