Dr. Sarita Pandey
Department: Genetics and Plant Breeding
School: School of Agriculture and Allied Sciences
Highest Educational Qualification: PhD
Experience: Eight years
Research Interest: Nutritional genomics; Collection and characterization of local landraces of legumes and oilseeds; Transcriptomic, Genome wide association studies
- Soni, P.; Pandey, A.K.; Nayak, S.N.; Pandey, M.K.; Tolani, P.; Pandey, S.; Sudini, H.K.; Bajaj, P.; Fountain, J.C.; Singam, P.; Guo, B.; Varshney, R.K. Global Transcriptome Profiling Identified Transcription Factors, Biological Process, and Associated Pathways for Pre-Harvest Aflatoxin Contamination in Groundnut. J. Fungi 2021, 7, 413. https://doi.org/10.3390/jof7060413
- Roorkiwal M, Pandey S, Thavarajah D, Hemalatha R and Varshney RK (2021) Molecular Mechanisms and Biochemical Pathways for Micronutrient Acquisition and Storage in Legumes to Support Biofortification for Nutritional Security. Front. Plant Sci. 12:682842. doi: 10.3389/fpls.2021.682842 IF:4.4
- M.Rezaei, A.Deokar, G.Arganosa, M.Roorkiwal, S.K.Pandey, T.D.Warkentin, R.K.Varshney, and B. Tar´an (2019) Mapping Quantitative Trait Loci for Carotenoid Concentration in Three F2 Populations of Chickpea, The Plant Genome. vol. 12, no. 3 (Impact Factor 4.26).
- Priya, M., Dhanker, O. P., Siddique, K. H., HanumanthaRao, B., Nair, R. M., Pandey, S.,. & Nayyar, H. (2019) Drought and heat stress-related proteins: an update about their functional relevance in imparting stress tolerance in agricultural crops. Theoratical and applied genetics Volume 132, Issue 6, pp 1607–1638 (Impact Factor-4.439).
- Pandey, S. K., Dasgupta, T., Rathore, A., & Vemula, A. (2018). Relationship of Parental Genetic Distance with Heterosis and Specific Combining Ability in Sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) Based on Phenotypic and Molecular Marker Analysis. Biochemical genetics, 1-22. [Impact Factor-2.027]
- Pandey, S. K., Majumder, E., & Dasgupta, T. (2017). Genotypic Variation of Microelements Concentration in Sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) Mini Core Collection. Agricultural Research, 6(2), 114-121. [NAAS Rating- 5.90]
- Pandey, S. K., Das, A., Rai, P., and Dasgupta, T. 2015. Morphological and genetic diversity assessment of sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) accessions differing in origin. Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants, 21(4), 519-529. [Impact Factor- 2.005]
- Udayan Bhattacharyya, Sarita K. Pandey and Tapash Dasgupta 2014. Identification of EST-SSRs and FDM in Sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) Through Data Mining. Scholarly Journal of Agricultural Science, 4: 60- 69; ISSN 2276-7118.
- Sarita K. Pandey, Arna Das and Tapash Dasgupta 2013. Genetics of seed coat colour in sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) African Journal of Biotechnology. 42: 6061-6067 [Impact Factor-0.68]
- Pandey S.K., Das A., Adhikary B., Das P., Nath D. and Dasgupta T. 2013. Studies on Milling, Cooking and Nutritive Qualities of Some Popular Rice Varieties of West Bengal, Oryza, 50:379-385.
- Rathore A. Singh VK, Pandey SK et al. (2018) Current Status and Future Prospects of Next-Generation Data Management and Analytical Decision Support Tools for Enhancing Genetic Gains in Crops. In:. Advances in Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
- Deshpande, S., Rakshit, S., Manasa, K. G., Pandey, S., Gupta, R. (2016). Genomic Approaches for Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Sorghum. In The Sorghum Genome (pp. 169-187). Springer International Publishing.
Distinction / Award:
- Awarded UGC –JRF/SRF fellowship for PhD in 2009
- Received Resource Mobilization Award for First Grant as Principal Investigator from ICRISAT in 2017
- Awarded SERB National Post-Doctoral Fellowship in 2017 by DST, Government of India
Genome Wide Association Studies for Nutritional Traits in Chickpea Using Reference Set’ by DST-SERB
Additional Qualification: Post Doctorate at ICRISAT in Centre of excellence in Genomics and System Biology