C. Research expertise
⦁ Nanoparticles of transition metal oxides.
⦁ Magnetic and magnetotransport properties of strongly correlated system.
⦁ Comparative study of particle size dependence of mixed-valentperovskite.
⦁ Multiferroic materials.
⦁ Non-Fermi liquid alloys and compounds.
⦁ TM doped ZnO thin film
D. Research publications (if any)
(1) Soma Das and Kalyanashis De, “Giant Room Temperature Magnetoimpedance in Doped Manganites” in Recent Patents on Materials Science 2014, Volume 7, IssueNumber 3,Page no 220-225, (DOI: 10.2174/1874464807666141105204313), Published by Bentham Science Publishers, USA.
Publication in Referred Journals:
(1)“Silica-Coated Metal Oxide Nanoparticles: Magnetic and Cytotoxicity Studies”ParbatiBasu, Kalyanashis De, Soma Das, Amit K. Mandal, Anoop Kumar, Tushar K. Jana, and Kuntal Chatterjee, Chemistry Select, 3, 7346 – 7353 (2018).
(2) “Magnetic and electrical transport of the cation-deficient LaMnO3: Common origin for
both Sr-doping and self-doping effects”S. Das, P. Roychowdhury, S. De, A. Roy, S. Chatterjee, and K. De, Physica B, 544, 17, (2018).
(3) “Low-temperature localization in the transport properties of self doped, La0.9Mn0.98Zn0.02O3”
K. De and S. Das, Bulletin of Materials Science, 39, 1, 293-298 (2016).
(4) “Morphology dependent magnetic properties of α-Fe2O3 nanostructures”
S. Chakrabarty, T. K. Jana, K. De, S. Das, K. Dey, K. Chatterjee, Material Research Express, 1 046104 (2014).
(5) “General Route to Synthesize of Metal (Ni, Co, Mn, Fe) Oxide Nanostructure and their Optical and Magnetic Behavior”
S. Chakrabarty, K. De, S. Das, V. S. Amaral, and K. Chatterjee, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 13, 1 (2013).
(6) “Strain induced enhanced ferromagnetic behavior in inhomogeneous low doped
S. Das, J. S. Amaral, K. De, M. Willinger, J. N. Goncalves, A. Roy, P.Dhak, S. Giri, S. Majumder, C. J. R. Silva, M. J. M. Gomes, P. K. Mahapatra and V. S. Amaral, Appl. Phys. Letter 102, 112408 (2013).
(7) “Enhanced ferromagnetism and glassy state in phase separated La0.95Sr0.05MnO3+δ”
K. De, S. Das, A. Roy, P. Dhak, M. Willinger, J. S. Amaral, V. S. Amara S. Giri, S. Majumder, C. J. R. Silva, M. J. M. Gomes and P. K. Mahapatra, J. Appl. Phys.112, 103907 (2012)
(8) “Magnetic and electrical transport properties in the self-doped manganite
La0.9Mn0.9M0.1O3 (M = Mn, Zn and Ti)”
K. De,S. Das, A. Roy, V. S. Amaral, S. Majumder, S. Giri, and P. K. Mahapatra, Physica B 407 2442–2446 (2012).
(9) “Nonlinear electrical transport via grain boundary tunneling in La-deficient compound La0.9Mn0.9Co0.1O3”
K. De, A. Roy, Carlos. J. R. Silva, M. J. M. Gomes, Solid State Comm., 150, 1187 (2010),
(10)“Low-temperature transport anomaly in the self doped manganite, La0.9Mn0.98M0.02O3 (M = 0, Fe, and Co)”
K. De, S. Majumdar, and S. Giri, J. Magn. Magn. Mater, 322, 337 (2010).
(11) “Spin polarized tunneling magnetoresistance in the self-doped manganite La0.9MnO3”
M. Patra, A. Roy, K. De, S. Majumdar, and S. Giri, Appl. Phys. Letter, 94, 212107 (2009).
(12) “Multifunctionality attributed to the self-doping in polycrystalline La0.9MnO3: Coexistance of large magnetoresistance and magnetocaloric effect”
M. Patra, K. De, S. Majumdar, and S. Giri, Appl. Phys. Letter, 94, 092506 (2009).
(13)“Reply to comment on ‘Particle size dependent exchange bias and cluster-glass states in LaMn0.7Fe0.3O3”
M. Thakur, M. Patra, K. De, S. Majumdar and S. Giri, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 21, 078002 (2009).
(14) “Exchange bias in La-deficient cluster-glass compound La0.87Mn0.7Fe0.3O3”
K. De, M. Patra, S. Giri, and S. Majumdar, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 41, 175007 (2008).
(15) “Particle size dependent exchange bias and cluster-glass states in LaMn0.7Fe0.3O3”
M. Thakur, M. Patra, K. De, S. Majumdar and S. Giri, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 20, 195215 (2008).
(16) “Spin glass like features in cluster-glass compound La1-δMn0.7Fe0.3O3”
K. De, M. Patra, S. Majumdar, and S. Giri, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 40, 7614, (2007).
(17) “Exchange bias with Fe substitution in LaMnO3”
M. Patra, K. De, S. Majumdar, and S. Giri, Eur. Phys. J. B, 58, 367, (2007).
(18) “Asymmetrical phase separation in Nd0.25La0.25Ca0.5MnO3”
K. De, M. Patra, S. Giri, and S. Majumdar, Solid State Comm., 142, 457 (2007).
(19) “Magnetic and electrical transport properties of La0.87Mn1-xFexO3 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.15): coexistence of ferromagnetic and glassy magnetic states”
K. De, S. Majumdar, and S. Giri. J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 40, 5810 (2007).
(20) “Interparticle interaction and size effect in polymer coated magnetite nanoparticles”
M. Thakur, K. De, S. Giri, S. Si, A. Kotal, and T. K. Mandal, S. Giri, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 18, 9093, (2006).
(21) “Memory effect and inverse thermal hysteresis in La0.87Mn0.98Fe0.02Ox”
K. De, S. Majumdar, and S. Giri, J. Appl. Phys., 101, 103909, (2007).
(22) “Inhomogeneous phase separation and domain wall dynamics in orthormbically distorted La0.87MnOx”
K. De, S. Majumdar, and S. Giri., J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 19, 096205, (2007).
(23) “Unusual glassy states in LaMn0.5Fe0.5O3: Evidence of two distinct dynamical freezing process”
K. De, M. Thakur, A. Manna, and S. Giri, J. Appl. Phys., 99, 013908, (2006).
(24) “The effect of Fe substitution on magnetic and transport properties of LaMnO3”
K. De, R. Ray, R. N. Panda, S. Giri, H. Nakamura, and T. Kohara, J. Magn. Magn. Mater.,288, 339, (2005).
E. Research grants (if any)
Project Title: Effect of A-site sophisticated disorder on the Electromagnetic properties of ‘A-site ordered RBaMn2O6 (R= rare earth)’ perovskite. (R= rare earth)’ perovskite. Project granted by UGC-DAE in CRS scheme for 3 years (2017-19), Grant amount 1,35,000.00 INR, Ref: No. UDCSR/MUM/CD/CRS-M-254/2017/1024 dated 18/01/2017